Tuesday, March 23, 2010



The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door

Our love story.

A classic case of “Geez! Your older brother is so cute”. The summer of 1993, my crush, a 17-year-old, was a far reach for this gangly, freckled face 9-year-old. His sisters; my best friends, lived a few doors down and claimed me as a part of their family. As life often happens, my friends moved away. I went away to college and my friends' brother got married! I left my love life in the hands of fate. Years later our paths crossed again and our future together began. Finally.

Three important details about our Ultimate Wedding.

1. A relaxed environment, but pulsing with excitement as all of our friends and family connect as a new family. 2. Vintage: An old low country that could only be found in Charleston South Carolina. 3. Big Band (Frank Sinatra, etc.) live musical entertainment that captures our fun loving spirits.

Our everyday dream day.

The usual Sunday of "organized chaos" when our family gets together. Forty or more of my favorite people meet at Aunt Pat's for some catching up and telling the same adorable stories of those present and those that have past. We have heard them a thousand times but it wouldn't be the same without them. The night winds down as we sip our wine and absorb the new addition of memories we made today.

No comments:

Post a Comment